Whether you have a small salon with only one or two team members or a chain of salons with multiple outlets, training can have a measurable impact on team performance and your bottom line.
Research has shown that employees who receive formal training can be as much as 230% more productive than their untrained workmates who perform the same duties.
Higher productivity of your team results in greater profitability for your salon.
By offering your team access to ongoing training they will be able to:
- Maintain their motivation in their job
- Gain personal satisfaction from being able to perform better
- Gain new skills that will allow them to meet salon expectations
- Update and improve on existing skills
SalonSavy offers a fantastic range of half and full day workshops catering to the specific needs of salon owners and their teams.
These workshops are both interactive and skills based and will result in real learning taking place. What that means is that skills learned will be successfully transferred back into the workplace where they can make a positive impact on your business performance.
Here’s how professional training can benefit your salon:
- Training increases team morale and job satisfaction leading to reduced absenteeism and sickness
When a team member enjoys great job satisfaction, they are much less likely to take sickies which will leave others battling to cover for them. Training also fosters a more closely knit team and gives them the time together to create a supportive network for each other.
- Training promotes more professionalism, creativity and improved communication skills in your team
Professionalism is not a gift but rather a learned skill, along with becoming a great communicator. Taking time out from the salon and attending professional training allows your team members to develop their skills in these areas.
- Training increases levels of customer service and therefore customer satisfaction
The higher the quality of your team, the higher the levels of customer service they will deliver. Customer retention is crucial to the success of any salon, and because of this, a well trained team who know how to deliver this to your customers is essential.
- Training programs can reduce staff turnover by up to 70% in businesses which means less recruitment costs for salon owners
The costs associated with employing and training new team members can run into many hundreds, if not thousand of dollars. By retaining your valued and highly trained staff, you not only save on this expense but will also achieve higher client retention through not losing clients who follow lost team members to new salons.
Motivate yourself and activate your staff with quality training that gets real results.
Read what some of our participants have had to say about their training workshops…
Current Team Workshops:
Customer Service Essentials
Rebooking Made Simple
Dealing With Difficult People